Are you also someone who would appreciate a drink in hand while handing out candy this year?
Whether you’re cautiously easing into, fully leaning into or skipping trick-or-treating this year–making a drink at home is something we all can do to celebrate spooky season. This Halloween, the Sjaak’s team linked up with Humboldt Distillery to come up with festive cocktail and chocolate pairings. Our first recommendation is an organic chocolate espresso martini. Organic and small batch vodka paired with organic and small batch chocolate bars—a delicious match made in Humboldt County. Here’s how we made ours.
- 2.25 oz Organic Vodka (1-1/2 shots)
- 1.5 oz Tia Maria Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur (1 shot)
- .75 oz oat milk
- 1/2 shot chocolate syrup
- 1.5 oz espresso (1 shot)
- 1 cup of ice
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate bar shavings (optional)
- Dip the rim of your martini glass or coupe in chocolate syrup and then in chocolate bar shavings or cocoa powder
- Combine vodka, coffee liqueur, oat milk, chocolate syrup, espresso and ice into a cocktail shaker. Shake hard until chilled.
- Strain into your chocolate-lined glass
- Garnish with Sjaak’s Organic chocolate bar shavings and/or enjoy with an organic chocolate bar
And there you have it, a neat Halloween trick with treats. Don’t get too sheet faced. 👻 Let us know in the comments if you tried it!
• • •
by Anna S.